There’s a new product for the fight against crow’s feet and puffy eyes. It’s the Classique Advanced 2-in-1 Eye Serum from FG Source. It may grab your attention because it purports to contain Dragon’s Blood. While that sounds like something from a fantasy novel, it’s not mythical in the least.
Dragon’s Blood is a plant with sap that is rich in antioxidants. It’s often used to heal cuts and cure infected wounds because it speeds up tissue regeneration. Since skin ages because it dries and loses collagen and elastin, it’s possible to reverse the effects of aging by stimulating new cell growth. Dragon’s Blood is ideal for that purpose. But that’s not the only regenerative ingredient in the Classique Eye Serum formula.
Natural ingredients that make eyes look young again
The label reveals that there are other vital components like cucumber oil, aloe, licorice, Kakadu Plum, tea leaf extract, plus Vitamins C and E, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid. Let’s unpack a few of these to see what they do.
- You may have heard about placing slices of cool cucumber on your eyes to reduce puffiness. Cucumber actually does have a cooling effect that reduces irritation.
- Aloe soothes skin and promotes healing and regeneration.
- Licorice is full of antioxidants that neutralize free radicals, plus it fades blemishes.
- Kakadu Plum is the source of the Classique Advanced Serum’s Vitamin C content. It’s a powerful exotic plant from Australia that brightens skin tone and fades dark spots.
- Tea leaf extract is another ingredient full of antioxidants. Why are antioxidants important? Free radicals from UV rays and pollutants can damage skin structure down to the level of DNA. Antioxidants turn free radicals into inert molecules that do no harm.
- Vitamin E supports skin healing and hydration. Because it helps soften dry skin and heal damage it’s very common in skin care products.
- Glycerin is a humectant that draws moisture into skin and gives it a soft, plump texture. Hyaluronic acid is also a humectant that’s excellent at hydrating skin. It’s naturally found in human tissue, but its availability lessens with age. That’s why many cosmetic products contain it to give skin a boost. In the form ofSodium Hyaluronate, it penetrates better into the epidermis.
Investigating the other components
So far, the Classique Advanced Serum’s label reveals that this skin care product has the potential to do amazing things. FG Source says their formula reverses the signs of aging, tones and tightens skin, shrinks under-eye bags, and evens out skin tone. It works on dry, oily, or combination skin, which seems appropriate given that their base ingredient is water.
But what about the other ingredients? Are there any that are harmful? FG Source says their products are paraben-free, Vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and ecologically-friendly so as to minimize their impact on the environment.
We looked at some of the other non-natural ingredients just to be sure. One of them is Phenoxyethanol, a preservative that’s common in cosmetics. The EU classifies it as a skin irritant but it has a rating of only 4 from EWG’s Skin Deep database. It doesn’t usually cause allergic reactions or build-up in tissue.
But Sodium Hydroxide, or lye, is a caustic denaturant that has restrictions when it is used in cosmetics. While it exists to balance pH, or acidity, it’s classified as a moderate health risk in Canada. Without knowing more specifics about its use in this product, the jury’s out on this one.
Dipropylene Glycol and Butylene Glycol are solvents that help cosmetics blend together. They are rated as non-hazardous. Carbomer is a stabilizer that’s also considered non-hazardous. Ethylhexylglycerin is a safe skin conditioning agent. That’s all good news for users with sensitive skin. Still, FG Source recommends testing it to see how your skin reacts, and that’s a smart practice for any new skin care product you try.
How to use the Classique Eye Serum
The directions for use recommend dabbing a small amount of this refreshing gel under your eyes and brushing it gently outward from your nose toward the sides of your face. Place a little more on your eyelids and brow without touching your eyelashes. That way you cover all the problem areas around the eye for best results. You can apply it both morning and night.
The gel comes in a 15mL container, or approximately half an ounce. Its consistency is such that just a little bit goes a long way.
The Classique Advanced 2-in-1 Eye Serum and Anti-Aging Treatment has the potential to soothe and soften skin around the eyes, undoing the ravages of time. It’s packed with exotic natural ingredients that brighten skin and diminish puffiness. If you’re looking for an eye cream that moisturizes skin and shrinks wrinkles, this could be the one you need.